The Home Office Computer Security Center
The home computer security center provides information and recommendations so you can make the right choices for reducing the odds your computer is breached or you become a victim of identity theft.
Included is information on antivirus, antispyware, email, spamming, pharming, phishing, passwords, privacy, paper shredders, firewalls, and wireless security.
Tips and Articles
- Go to this link to test your website url to see if it is vulnerable to the heartbleed security problem.
- Home and home office computer security
- Identity theft prevention - credit cards, social security numbers, much more. (updated)
- Everyday privacy - junk mail, telemarketers, and around the house
- Computer maintenance - good computer maintenance tips
Also see our current software and hardware recommendations.
- Computer backup strategies for the home and home office.
- Laptop security recommendations - protect your laptop.
- Locking Mailboxes - For the home.
- 10 Tips on Using a Public Computer - how to use a public computer wisely.
- Home Paper Shredder - excellent tips and recommendations on finding a good paper shredder. (updated)
- Email Address Harvest - where do spammers get my email address?